Mexican Salad with Turkey Mince
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp of sliced jalapenos , plus 1 tsbp of the vinegar from the jar.
- Handful of crisp salad leaves
- ½ avocado stoned , diced.
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 100g of Hogan’s Farm Fresh Turkey Mince ( or used Hogan’s Farm Cooked Turkey pieces)
- 1 tbsp cheddar grated
- Black olives ( optional)
- Soured cream, to serve.
- Heat oven to 200c
- With a little oil, heat pan to a medium heat and fry the Hogan’s Farm Turkey mince until cooked ( as directed on pack)
- To make tortilla basket – soften the tortilla in the microwave for a few secs, brush a little oil allover one side. Grab a small oven proof cup/ bowl. Place the oil side down into the bowl and weigh with baking stones/ beans. Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes in oven, until crisp. Take out and allow to cool
- Make a dressing – by mixing the rest of the oil, lime juice, vinegar from the jalapeno’s jar and season
- Mix the salad leaves, avacodo, tomato, onion & turkey and toss with dressing
- Pile into your tortilla bowl and top with cheese, jalapeno’s, black olives and soured cream